Skills Alliance (Pharma) Limited is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of every individual who accesses and uses our website. We pride ourselves on providing our users a safe and secure user experience.
You have a legal right to object at any time to:
How do we collect information?
Information is collected from you when you engage with, contribute to or use the features on our website.
What information we collect?
We may collect personal data including but not limited to your name, CV and contact details to provide our services to you.
We may be required by law to collect sensitive personal information – for example, information relating to ethnic origin, religious beliefs and physical and mental health.
How we use your information?
We will hold, use and disclose your personal information, for our legitimate business purposes including:
- To enable us to give you the best user experience.
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate
- To provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process.
- To improve our customer service.
- To enable you to submit your CV, apply online for jobs or to subscribe to alerts.
- To send information to prospective employers and clients in connection with the recruitment process in order for them to assess your suitability.
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients.
- To send you information about details of surveys, promotions, offers, networking or client events and general information about the industry sectors or jobs which we think might be of interest to you
- To trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our client has requested. Some examples of these are; references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services, verification of the details you have provided from third party source, psychometric evaluation or skill test.
- To regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings.
- To use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy.
- To respond to enquiries, feedback and complaints.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
The main grounds that we rely upon in order to process personal information of clients and candidates are the following:
(a) Necessary for entering into, or performing, a contract – in order to perform our obligations in providing a service to you, or in order to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with us, it will be necessary for us to process your personal data;
(b) Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation – we are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your personal data. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your personal data to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency;
(c) Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests – either we, or a third party, will need to process your personal data for the purposes of our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests, provided we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your personal data protected. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you or a third party, optimising our website and customer experience, informing you about our products and services and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner;
(d) Consent – in some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your personal data in a particular way.
The Company may transfer the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information.
Can you access, update or delete your information?
You have the right to Access your information, ask us to correct your details, object to processing, restrict processing of your personal information for a specific purpose at any time. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request.
If you would like to make a request for information, be erased from our database or update any information we hold about you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will act on your request in the timescale set out by applicable data protection laws.
If you have created an account via the ‘candidate section’ of our website, you can log into your ‘my account’ area and adjust your personal data settings. If you wish to delete your personal data, a ‘Request to be forgotten’ button in your private profile area can be used to send us a request.
You also have the right to object to use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
How long do we hold your information?
We understand our legal duty to retain accurate data and only retain personal data for as long as we need it for our legitimate business interests and that you are happy for us to do so. Accordingly, we have a data retention notice and run data routines every 2 years.
We may archive part or all your personal data or retain it on our financial systems only. We may pseudonymise parts of your data, particularly following a request for suppression or deletion of your data, to ensure that we do not re-enter your personal data on to our database, unless requested to do so.
Our standard Terms and Conditions state that our clients should retain candidate data such as CVs for the purposes of the specific role you apply for and that, as controllers of your data, they should inform you if they plan to retain your CV on file in order to notify you about potential future roles, or to otherwise hold or use your data for other purposes.
HOW WE USE THEM
What are cookies?
When you visit our website we collect standard internet log information and details of our visitors behavioural patterns. This helps us identify the number of visits to our website.
Cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Monitor user traffic patterns
- Understand how our visitors use our website
- Make our marketing more efficient
The cookies we use
These are the essential cookies that enables you to use our site effectively and use essential features such as being able to apply for a job and submitting a CV.
These cookies collect information about how you use our website for example, username, and also help make the most of our enhanced features, such as providing news or updates relevant to you.
These cookies help us monitor and improve the performance of our website, providing us with the information to constantly optimise and develop our site to get the best user experience for you, for example website visits or source of visitors.
We use personalisation or targeting cookies to make sure we advertise the jobs that we think may be of interest to you, making your user experience a personalised one.
As you use our site, you will notice that we have content from other sites, for example, YouTube or Google Maps. We also facilitate the opportunity to engage with us further through social media channels, for example Twitter and Facebook. We use third party cookies to help deliver relevant information to you and integrate content with social networks.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
If the settings on your browser that you are using to view our website are adjusted to accept cookies, we take this, and your continued use of our website, to mean that you are happy to have cookies enabled.
Turning cookies off
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. However please be aware that by not accepting cookies you will not be able to use some of the key functions of www.skillsalliance.com website including:
- Registering with skillsalliance.com
- Signing in to skillsalliance.com
- Applying for jobs on skillsalliance.com
- Submitting a CV
If you don’t want us to store a cookie on your PC, you can switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Each browser acts differently so remember to check your browsers ‘help’ settings.
Linking to other websites
Changes to our privacy and cookies policy
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Our nominated Data Protection Officer is Tanesha Brown who can be contacted if you have any enquiries at: email@example.com.
Skills Alliance (Pharma Limited)
10 Aldersgate Street